Vice President, Client Advocacy, Telemundo
NBCUniversal is one of the world’s leading media and entertainment companies in the development, production, and marketing of entertainment, news, and information to a global audience. NBCUniversal owns and operates a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment television networks, a premier motion picture company, significant television production operations, a leading television stations group, and world-renowned theme parks. It is the policy of NBCUniversal and NBCUniversal's affiliated businesses to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy) sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
The US Hispanic audience, now 58 million strong and growing is evolving – and so are the marketing strategies for reaching them. Client-side marketers and agencies alike need strategic guidance to take advantage of this growth opportunity. This new position will help NBCU Universal and Telemundo Enterprises become an integral resource to marketers: enabling them to grow sales and build loyalty by connecting them with the engaged and valuable Hispanic consumers that we deliver.
The Client Advocacy team was created to provide strategic leadership, marketing expertise and client-facing support on our most important accounts, and to help us develop new client relationships. We are looking for a VP of Client Advocacy to take a leadership role in development of this new capability within Hispanic Ad Sales, and create systems and tools to help us scale the function, and its impact.
In addition to leading the development of category toolkits and creating and operationalizing new tools (e.g., client immersions) the Vice President will act as a senior marketing expert and client partner on the team, working with our Ad Sales leaders to help our teams to develop new client business and to support, retain and grow our largest and most important client relationships, and, when needed, prioritizing the team’s resources for the greatest short- and long-term impact on revenue. This role requires an experienced marketing executive capable of leveraging business intelligence, marketing analytics, strategic skills and creative acumen to deliver -- and measure -- business results for our clients and incremental sales revenue for our company.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
· Define the Hispanic opportunity (e.g., sizing the revenue opportunity, developing target audience definitions/segmentations, advising on messaging strategy).
· Develop a Spanish language/bilingual marketing and media plan leveraging the entire Telemundo Enterprises portfolio – which may include paid TV or digital/social media, custom content, data products, talent partnerships etc.
· Measure the effectiveness of the programs we create, and merchandise them back to our clients, as well as turn them into thought leadership content and best practices that can be leveraged by the entire company.
· Partner with Telemundo Ad Sales leadership and NBCU Client Partnerships teams to identify target categories and brands. Develop in-depth understanding of business drivers, consumer habits and practices, consumer behaviors, barriers, and key brand strategies, as well as expert-level understanding of the US Hispanic consumer group. Use these insights to generate insights about the Hispanic marketing opportunity on both a proactive and reactive basis.
· Work with internal research and insights teams and with sales executives from other NBCU Ad Sales teams to understand and leverage existing research and client intelligence. Create presentations for marketers and their agencies with compelling stories that help to communicate the Spanish-language opportunity.
· Develop a comprehensive understanding of primary and secondary research, and use it to size the business opportunity for clients, craft compelling business cases, and determine ROI metrics.
· Consult with clients and sales teams to develop, implement and analyze campaign measurement research and create case studies.
· Promote the value of the Spanish language and bilingual consumer audience, and the Telemundo enterprises offerings in the industry by collaborating with trade marketing team members to develop marketing materials.
· Credibly represent Telemundo and NBCU Hispanic through thought leadership (e.g., speaking on panels at industry events) and by authoring by-lined articles, blog posts, etc.
· Manage and coach one or more Directors.
· Participate in internal brainstorm sessions, proprietary research projects and client/agency briefings.
· Serve as a Hispanic marketing resource for clients, agency executives and sales people, including consulting on messaging strategy, creative development, talent/spokesperson selection, etc.
· Lead the development of category toolkits.
· Creating and operationalize new tools (e.g., client immersions).
· In partnership with Ad Sales leadership, prioritize the team’s resources for the greatest short- and long-term revenue impact
· Bachelor’s Degree (MBA preferred) plus 10+ years related experience. Experience as an agency brand strategist, communications planner or senior account leader, or as a brand marketer/brand manager is highly desirable. Hispanic marketing/advertising experience is a must.
· Strategic thinker and storyteller able to analyze and translate data into actionable insights and effective presentations and marketing materials.
· Self-starter and team player who initiates innovative ideas and solutions to everyday and emerging situations.
· Familiarity with syndicated marketing research tools such as Simmons, NCS, Scarborough, Kantar, AdViews.
· Excellent presentation skills.
· Ability to lead collaborative efforts across multiple teams at NBCUniversal.
· Thorough knowledge of sales, media and brand marketing process.
· Experience leading a team.
· Prior experience across two or more key verticals such as Technology, Wireless, Automotive, Retail, CPG or QSR.
· Interested candidates must submit a resume/CV through www.nbcunicareers.com to be considered.
· Willingness to travel and work overtime, and on weekends with short notice.
· Must be willing to work in New York