Public Relations Account Executive
As a Public Relations Account Executive you will handle a number of different projects simultaneously with the primary responsibility of supporting the senior account executive and account supervisor leading the client account.
The main responsibility of the Public Relations Account Executive is to focus efforts on obtaining media coverage for a client’s brand, product or service. Each account executive handles a client portfolio, directing their PR efforts and strategies towards the client’s specific target audience.
A PR account executive will:
- Write press releases, news stories, articles, case studies and product pieces
- Pitch press releases and feature ideas by phone or email to national, regional and trade journalists, across print, broadcast and online, to interest them in covering their clients’ stories
- Respond to phone calls and emails from journalists
- Arrange interviews and editorial meetings with key journalists for clients’ spokespeople - in person or over the phone - and facilitate these meetings where appropriate
- Monitor media coverage and report results to the wider team and clients
- Attend client events and industry conferences
- Coordinate details of PR events put together by the agency such as identify venues, catering services, etc.
- Handle clients’ social media accounts such as their Twitter, Facebook or Instagram handles
- Deliver analytics reports on social media, reporting on traffic, engagement and follower figures
- Working as part of an account team to develop client proposals and implement the PR activity; brainstorm fresh ideas for PR campaigns
- Attending client meetings and preparing regular client reports
Key skills of the position include:
- English and Spanish language fluency: must exhibit excellent written and spoken English and Spanish
- Writing skills: have excellent spelling, grammar and proof-reading, as well as have a creative flair for producing engaging copy
- Presentation skills: communicate ideas to various audiences from team members to journalists; must organize information in a succinct and interesting way to capture their attention
- Strong interpersonal skills: be approachable, friendly and empathetic, and be able to relate to people on different levels within the agency, with clients and with the media whether in person, phone or email
- Excellent telephone manner: have the confidence to pick up the phone and speak to journalists and maintain a positive, friendly and upbeat tone
- Time-keeping: work well under tight media deadlines; meet the demands and pressures of your team and clients to be able to work quickly and efficiently, without compromising on quality
- Resilience: be confident enough to pick up the phone to national journalists and resilient enough to handle criticism and rejection
Key responsibilities of this position include:
Pitch and work with journalists, bloggers, and other online influencers
Have a strong passion for storytelling, possess excellent writing and editing skills, and have a general understanding of business and willingness to learn about new technologies and communications strategies
Be able to both take direction but also bring new thinking and ideas to the table
Be a team player who can tackle projects on his/her own and with the team, and who can engage with clients in a strategic manner
Requirements:2+ years of experience working in public relations. Good writing, persuasive and interpersonal skills. Knowledge of communications and marketing techniques. Good organizational and time management skills. Social Media experience. Bachelor of Art in English, Communications, Public Relations and/or Journalism.